ASHEVILLE, NC (FOX Carolina) – An investigation involving the arrest of the Asheville Police Department has led to multiple cases of larceny and trespassing and entering other charges for a pair of thieves.
Police said they were called to a business on Patton Avenue about 6:25 p.m. on May 7. A female suspect fled away before police arrived but were quickly spotted in the area. When officers approached him, he fled on foot.
When arrested and taken to the Buncombe County Detention Center, police said they suspected the woman gave them a false name. The woman testified to giving officers a fake ID and informing them of other violations and entry crimes she and another person had committed.
The woman, aptly identified as Dawnina Jump, was charged with larceny, felony possession of meth, and resistance, delay, or obstruct. Jump’s partner is identified as Jacob Bigwitch.
We are told of other crimes include:
- Theft from a motor vehicle in the 300 block of Haywood Road – Jan.
- Bigwitch was charged with felony breaking and entering and larceny from a motor vehicle in this case.
- Business larceny in 600 block of Haywood Road – Feb. 26
- Jump was charged with larceny.
- Dismantling and entering the business at 2 Regent Park Blvd. – March 1
- Jump was charged with safecracking and Bigwitch was charged with felony breaking and entering, larceny after trespassing and entering, and two counts of safecracking.
- Attempted to break business and enter 700 block on Patton Avenue – March 10
- Jump and Bigwitch have both been charged with attempted vandalism and trespassing, possession of burglary equipment, conspiracy to commit a crime, and injury to real property.
The department said the two remain in the detention center. Jump has a total secured bond of $ 69,000 while Bigwitch has a secured bond of $ 57,500.
MORE NEWS: Police found the Texas man missing while visiting Asheville
Copyright 2022 WHNS. All rights reserved.