As we approach San Diego Comic-Con 2022, there’s a lot of news for you-from who you’ll see on the exhibit floor to who you’ll see on the runway.
Here’s a look at the news you may be missing:
- In space, no one can hear you screaming-but at San Diego Comic-Con, we’re sure to hear some screams (in delight) at the Hollywood Horror Museum’s foreigners-themed booth. If you’re interested in volunteering to help the Museum with their booth that week in exchange for a free badge, be sure to let them know.
- If that’s not enough foreigners for you, Clara Carija, co -writer of the story for the future Alien: Fall of Inferno novel coming this fall, will be available in a Foreign-themed panel at SDCC, according to its website.
- If you’re looking for actor and writer Steve Bryant at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, you need to find a new venue-say he confirmed he is in the new homebase, in Booth # L-1. He also confirmed several other exhibitors at the convention, including Quirk Books and writer Barry Gregory.
- More than they announced exclusively, what is Funko planning for SDCC? When asked about the chances of another offsite Pop-Up similar to the one in previous years, Funko replied that we “have to wait and see”. While an exact version of that offsite seems relatively unlikely given that the Funko HQ location in San Diego has been closed for a long time. It seems more likely, however, for the Funko Hollywood location in LA to join in the fun.
- and when asked regarding the possibility of some Funko artists making sketches at SDCC, the company remains equally undercover.
- Critical Entertainment, an LA-based publisher, will travel to SDCC this year, and you can find them at Booth #M-11. There, they have a new comic series Minion and Ghostland prisoners (with Patriot Comic Books).
- Creator Becky Cloonan confirmed she’s at San Diego Comic-Con this year in comments to an Instagram post from Cecil Castellucci, one of CCI’s invited Special Guests. What else did Cloonan do at the con? Let’s wait and see.
- It’s time to play music, it’s time to turn on the lights, it’s time to meet… some of the contestants at Her Universe Fashion Show for San Diego Comic-Con 2022! Fashion designers Cowbutt Crunchies Cosplay, JedimandaLeah Foley, Mandy McLean Couch, Brittany Anne Lowe Olivieri, Heather Chamberlin Smith, Stephanie Flor, Jill N. Nofziger, Kelsey Michele, Christine Geiger, Valerie Uncanny Valley, Melissa Lynnette, Sarah Trimm, and @TheWizardTaylor revealed that they were selected to participate in the fashion show this summer.
Are we short? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.
If you missed our previous posts on Under the Tents 2022, you can find them HERE.